Thursday, March 6, 2008

astignaguro is what i want to be

this is my first blog. i'm turning 40 tomorrow and this is the first time i've ever posted a blog.
astignaguro. literally "a tough teacher". if you are from my part of the planet, you know that this connotes lots of things. you may even think that i am a little centripetal for claiming such a name. i admit i haven't heard anybody call me that... yet. i hope i do before i die. if not, i'll just leave a note (to be opened only when i finally kick the bucket) to put it on my tombstone in lieu of my name. even if i don't deserve it. why the obssession with it?
everyone likes the idea of leaving an indelible mark behind when they die. i am not an exception. neither are you. mine's having been an astignaguro. i wish at least one person learned something from me that is worthy of him or her calling me one. i wish i can teach young people how things in this world work without robbing them of their imaginations and individuality. i wish i can do that. i wish i can be an astignaguro.

2 comments:

  1. I doubt if, until now, no one called u astig..hindi sa pagiging sipsip dahil studyante mo ako, kundi alam ko, at maraming nagsasabi sakin(higher years) na magaling ka tlga magturo, at mismong ako, makakapagsabi na magaling ka talaga..you gave very practical examples, to be connected in the topic, that in one way or another really help a lot.

    ReplyDelete