Saturday, March 22, 2008

put the blame on me

I don't look forward to the day that I have to go back to school after a vacation. Aside from having to work my butt off again, it means that I'm going to see former students again. There are two groups of these: Those who passed and those who failed.
Those who passed the previous term and knew they deserved to usually give me polite smiles. A few would not even give me a glance. Maybe they just did not like the subject or did not like me as a teacher, or both.
Those who passed and don't know why they did (compassion is the word, idiots!) would give me grins as wide as a four-lane highway.
Those who failed and knew they deserved to, give me mixed reactions. Some can't even look my way. Some beg me to take them again in my class for a second chance. Some give me sarcastic smiles and smirks as if I was the one who did not study for the final exam. Why is it that whenever students fail, they blame everything but themselves? If it will make them happy, then they can put the blame on me.
Those who failed and don't know why... I have no such students.

No comments:

Post a Comment